Sunday, February 20, 2011

I live in PA but i would love to go to college in Tennesse or Texas?


I live in PA but i would love to go to college in Tennesse or Texas?
i am a high school senior, currently applying to various colleges. right now on my list of colleges are mostly schools near where i live (about 45 minutes outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania). i am planning to live on campus, though, not commute. the reason i'm trying to stay close to home is because i get sick a lot, and i have some severe allergies. i'm torn right now because i don't want to live in PA forever... but i'm worried that if i move far away, i won't be able to go home if i get really sick or something. anyway, i would love to live in a nice place like Tennessee or Texas. maybe north/south carolina. another problem is that i would probably get homesick. so... what are your suggestions? should i stay in PA? or should i try someplace new and far away? also... do you have any suggestions for colleges i should apply to? i have a 3.1 GPA. sat scores are: math-610, reading- 630, writing- 670. (together that is a 1910). and i prefer Christian colleges. Thanks! i am planning on applying to: Eastern University (in PA) Messiah College (PA) West Chester University (PA) Penn State (PA) Baylor University (texas) ok, i just found out that i've been telling everyone the wrong SAT scores! haha i have no idea how this happened, but they're actually: math:600 reading:660 Writing:670. wooo!!
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Youre on the same boat I am. I also live in PA but I really want to go to Vanderbilt University in Tennessee; it's in Nashville. I loved it; it's a very prestigious school. You might be able to get in with those scores, if you also have a high class rank and a solid list of extra curricular. I'm torn between Vandy and Haverford, which is near Philly Did you visit the college in Texas? It's important to make sure you could handle the entirely different lifestyle. I wish I knew where to apply early decision to


2
Lipscomb University is a Christian College in Nashville TN that I went to for a year and is a good school, to expensive for me to have kept going though. edit: Vanderbilt is just a few minutes from Lipscomb and a lot of people transfer there after two years at Lipscomb.

Popular Posts