Tuesday, December 14, 2010

West Chester Pennsylvania To Center City Philadelphia?


West Chester Pennsylvania To Center City Philadelphia?
What would be the safest way to travel. I am a teenager thinking of a school there, but it is a hour drive. I would take public transportation i was just wondering whats the safest and possibly the fastest. when i say safest i mean people wise. as in safe people to be around noone will hurt me rob me ect.
Philadelphia - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Well you should take the train. The R5 (Paoli/Thorndale) My older brother went to school at Temple and he took the train from Malvern to Temple University station. My mother was also a frequent train rider - she rode the train at 7:15 AM during the week also from Malvern to Suburban Station for more then 12 years and she never had any problems. Whenever I took the train, there were always people going to work, so no incidents ever occurred. Since you said West Chester, you may be closer to the Exton Station, but depending on what time you arrive at the station, parking may be a problem. (Malvern and Paoli stations have small parking lots). Here's the schedule for the R5 service; http://www.septa.org/service/sched/pdfs/R5PT.pdf


2
The R5 is a good bet, unfortunately it doesn't go to West Chester. You can however take a bus from WC to the Exton Station. Or drive to the Whitford, Exton, or Malvern stations, though parking does fill up there. The other transit option is bus to the 69th St Terminal, from which you can take train into the city. If you have a car and are up for more of a drive, you could also drive to the Elwyn or Media stations and take the R3 train. I would think the bus to Exton, and switch to the R5 would be the easiest and safe. All of these are run by SEPTA, www.septa.org


3
Hello, those people above me are correct, the R5 is a good bet. Although R5 is not in West Chester, it could be considered as so because of how CLOSE it is. I used to live in Exton Station and commuted about 7-10 minutes to West Chester. The ride is about 45 minutes to one hour long. Also, there is the Septa bus and the L train, but I don't recommend that route.


4
train is the fastest. What school are you going to? I use to take the L train but im not sure if that is close to you.

Popular Posts