Monday, January 10, 2011

Undergraduate Engineering: University of Pennsylvania, or USC?


Undergraduate Engineering: University of Pennsylvania, or USC?
UPenn is an Ivy League school in Philadelphia, known for its Wharton School of Business; it's the 6th oldest college in the United States. USC is in southern California, not far from where I live. Both are great schools, but I can't decide which to go to. If I want to live in SoCal, I assume that the Trojan Network at USC will help me find internships and jobs. However, I wonder if a degree from UPenn is more universal and if that name will get me just as many, if not more, jobs than the Trojan Network can get a USC student. Also, I'm curious about the individual engineering schools (as opposed to the universities as a whole). 30% of accepted students enroll in USC, and 63% of accepted students enroll at UPenn. Which town is more fun for a college student? I like variety and I get bored pretty easily so I want to know that there will be lots to do. What is there to do around UPenn, in Philadelphia? Can someone tell me about both of these schools in general? This decision is so hard... Thank you! Well yeah, obviously USC can't even compete with Wharton. Wharton is the #1 Business school in the nation, and has been ranked #1 in the world (not sure what current rankings are though)! So that is very impressive. I'm mostly concerned about the school of engineering though. And what do you mean "brotherly love" in Philadelphia?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Are you serious?? comparing UPenn(Wharton) with USC. This is no comparison. Trust me buddy, i have couple of buddies who attended UPenn and now work for Wall St. USC can't even compete with UCLA. In term of which one is the better city, I'll have to say the city of angels is so much better than this brotherly love crap.

Popular Posts