Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What to do with my life as a transgender!?


What to do with my life as a transgender!?
I now live in Pennsylvania, I will graduate high school next year..I have no working experiences, my aunt and my parents want me to go to college, but I want to get a job to pay for my surgery and therapy first...so now I am thinking of getting a job as a receptionist in Philadelphia once I've graduated..do you think there is going to be any problem? like perhaps, when people look at my ID when I was getting a job, and they will just fire me and tell me to go?
Law & Legal - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
try finding a job that will be more open to you being transgender. a bar or night club or even a gay bar. odd I know but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. legaly people can NOT fire you cause of being transgender, BUT that does not mean they will not find another reason to do it..;


2
There are companies out there that do not discriminate against transgenders. I have enclosed two sites that you can go to in order to look up various jobs. Just because you are transgender does not mean you can only get work in a gay bar as the first answer said. You can do anything you want just put your mind to it and don't let people make you feel bad. Good Luck!!


3
It will probably take more than 4 years with a low paying job like being a receptionist to pay for therapy and surgeries and medicines. I realize you are probably impatient, I know I was,but you may do better by going to a accepting/smart college and many of them are now a days. Many colleges offer reduced price therapy sessions. Many colleges offer a reduced price medical services plan You CAN dramatically enhance your long term earnings skills by going to college and studying for a good career, to the tune of several milliion dollars over your lifetime. AND there is a pretty decent chance that you can find good support and guidance in your transition at a good college. Please do seriously consider it ,please. I didn't and suffered Work hard, live well, become who you are. college can help.

Popular Posts