Saturday, December 4, 2010

Do you have to go to bartending school to be a bartender in the state of Pennsylvania?


Do you have to go to bartending school to be a bartender in the state of Pennsylvania?
And if so what bartending schools would recomend in the Philadelphia area
Beer, Wine & Spirits - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'm from pa and i know bartenders who have never gone to school for it .


2
No. Bartending is best learned through experience. School will help but most bars want someone with experience.


3
There is no such thing as a licensed bartender. So you don't HAVE to go to school for it. Although, when I finished my classes I got an Alcohol Awareness ID, which helps establishments lower their liability insurance rates (which they like). I just finished school here in Orlando and I loved it. Yes, bars and restaurants prefer experience...but how do you GET the experience?? The school will help you get some of the basics down and many offer job placement assistance. This doesn't mean that they will hand you a job, it means they will give you leads (addresses, phone numbers, and contacts in establishments) and it's up to YOU to get the job. Unfortunately, my school doesn't have a location in PA. Google bartending schools in your area, and don't commit to one until you've checked it out! There are 2 major bartending schools here in Orlando, the one I went to was good, while the other has a lesser reputation. Do your research and HAVE FUN!

Popular Posts