Saturday, December 18, 2010

I am a new graduate registered nurse, where can I get this much needed one year of experience?


I am a new graduate registered nurse, where can I get this much needed one year of experience?
Hi, I live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I graduated nursing school in April of 2009. I have been applying for job after job, with no results. Everybody seems to want at least a year of experience, even nursing homes! I don't seem to understand where I am supposed to work if nursing homes are asking me for one year of experience. I can't even get any interviews. Can somebody please help me?
Health Care - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Maybe for now you can offer to work for little or no pay under another Registered Nurse. If you can just get your foot in the door and establish yourself somewhere they may be willing to offer you a position. And if they don't offer you a position at least you have the experience. This is what I would do in the meantime....just keep filling out those applications and sending out those resumes!!!!!!


2
There are jobs out there for new grads but unfortunately they may not be in your area. You might have to start looking out of the area or out of state before you locate a position. Metro areas tend to be oversaturated with new grads while rural areas are usually less stringent on experience. Keep on applying and send in your application everywhere!

Popular Posts