Sunday, April 10, 2011

Should I apply to the University of Pennsylvania?


Should I apply to the University of Pennsylvania?
I just checked with my college counselor and my GPA is 4.1. I do not know much about grade point averages or which one is the highest, but I'm guessing it's out of 10. How could it be so low? I've constantly been getting As and Bs. My SAT really surprised me though, I got a 2350. I take 4 out of 7 AP classes. I toured it this summer and I think it's a really good school. I could imagine myself going there in the middle of it all, in Philadelphia. However, I'm not sure if I can get in. I heard it's an Ivy League school. I think that my college essay is a really good one. How are my chances? Is it too late? Please someone answer.
Philadelphia - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
upenn is one of the easier ivy league schools to get into. one bad thing is, if you didnt take your SAT's II , you have to take them in order to apply. the area is fun, i live in philly and its awesome. theres so much to do/see, and tons of great shopping. its overall a good school, a couple of my friends are going there and are really excited.


2
you have a pretty good chance at it, go for it because you'll never know. good luck! =)


3
Your GPA is based on 5, so 4.1 isn't bad at all. Go ahead and apply, but it is a very competitive school, so don't be heartbroken if you don't get in. I think it's too late to apply for fall 2009. Be sure to apply to other schools that you would be happy going to, like Temple if you want a big school in Philadelphia, or maybe Drexel which is right next to PEnn. It is really hard to get into Penn. Not as hard as Harvard, but still very competitive.

Popular Posts