Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why'd I get an F on this paper?


Why'd I get an F on this paper? :<?
In my life, I have had many idols-From Elliot Smith to Ben Folds, they have never been scarce in number. However, I am taking this time to dedicate my paragraph to the one person who has shaped my life greatly - Will Smith. Willard Christopher Smith, Jr. was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Because of his behavior he had gained himself the nickname "Fresh Prince" in high school, where he ended his schooling career. After skipping college, Mr. Smith recorded many rap albums, where he started off his rap career, earning the first Grammy ever given in the rap category. However, it was not to be. Heading towards bankrupts in 1990, Will struck a deal; a contract with NBC, agreeing to be the main character of a new-wave TV sitcom: "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". The show revolved around the various misadventures and misdeeds of a lovably miscreant by the name of Will, featuring an opening tune written and performed aptly by Will Smith, himself. The show was best known for its myriad of recurring gangs and ability to go beyond breaking the fourth wall, but absolutely shattering it. The show was, needless to say a hit and boosted Smith's career into stardom. After the show ended in 1996, Smith began a successful solo career in music, whilst starring in quite a few films such as Independence Day, and Men In Black. The two particular films established Smith's commercial reputation as a bankable star whose appeal exceeded concepts such as age, race, and gender and into a whole new area in the box office. After a while his solo career spiraled into the abyss of failure. It was then that his mom got scared and said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "naw forget it, yo homes in Bel-Air"! I pulled put to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby "yo, homes smell you later"! I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air. ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ Yes, age and date were included. I think the teacher is racist (I'm white). Not one has yet to point out out that it ends with the Fresh Prince theme song. What... what the fuck?
Other - Education - 4 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Maybe you didn't meet expectations?


2
You were supposed to talk about how he shaped your life? What you did was an expose about HIS accomplishments. How were they related to you? How did his career shape what you did in your own life???? In short, I think that you got an F because you didn't really answer the question. You do use words well, but think about how your ideas are organized. Whenever I had to write papers, I first thought about the questions and then tried to answer it in one or two sentences. Then I filled in the rest with examples and concluded with my final statement about how it is relevant to the question at hand. As you write, keep asking yourself "what does this have to do with what I am being asked" and then answer the question as if the person who will read it doesn't know what you were asked! Hang in there!!!!


3
From your first sentence it seems the paper is to be about idols and role models in your life. While your paper is a great biography piece on Will Smith and his role in a 90's show, nowhere do you explain how his success has influenced your life. Why is he an idol? What changes have occurred in your outlook on life or attitude that can be connected to his personal life? I really do not think race has anything to do with your bad grade. It seems that you did not complete the assignment.


4
Were you ask who was an idol in your life or who influence you? If so you did not complete the assignment. All you did was give a bio I could of read off a Will Smith web page. Any college student should be able to write a better paper than this

Popular Posts