Saturday, April 2, 2011

What's the cheapest way for a student to move back home?


What's the cheapest way for a student to move back home?
Ok so, I go to college down in South Carolina, but Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) is my home. I want to transfer school to go back up to PA. The problem is, my parents aren't very supportive of me transferring (or anything else that relates to me or anything I do =/ ) So there's no way they'd make an 11 hour drive to pick me and all of my stuff up. And I don't drive. I came down here with 2 HEAVY suitcases full of pretty much just clothes. But now I have a lot more stuff...like housewares, more clothes, and appliances. (I live in an apt) What's the best way for a broke college student to get all of their belongings back home? And please be serious. I will give someone the points they deserve (according to their answer)
Other - Destinations - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Post an ad on the student website, on the student message board, etc., at your school. It is very likely that you'll find someone who is going back north at the end of school or during Spring Break and is willing to share a ride with you. They may be interested in sharing the cost of a U-Haul, too. Let it be known that you need a ride and will share in the cost of gasoline. It might be worthwhile to try selling your excess stuff to another student who's coming on campus for the Summer Session, by the way. Then you could look into bus fare. It's cheap to ship a couple of suitcases by bus service. Selling the other stuff will more than pay for the bus ticket. Again, post your ad on the student message board.

Popular Posts