Sunday, May 22, 2011

Question about Sochi Olympics


Question about Sochi Olympics?
I have a dream of meeting Shaun White. A huge dream! I have wanted to meet him since the 2006 Olympics when I was only 12. I am currently 16 (turning 17) and a junior in high school in Pennsylvania, USA. I am planning on either going to the Dew Tour, Winter X Games, or 2014 Sochi Olympics. I would rather go to the Olympics, since it might be his last run in the Olympics. Anyway, I had a couple of questions about the Olympics coming up in Sochi… 1.When can you start buying event tickets?? I want to buy them as soon as possible to get closer seats and so I make sure I have them. 2.Roughly how much would a round trip plane ticket cost? I would probably be flying out from Washington D.C., Philadelphia, or Baltimore. 3.Roughly how much would a hotel cost for each day? 4.I saw the Men’s Halfpipe event ticket cost $150 for the A Level, would it be roughly the same in Sochi? 5.Do the people who work at the Olympics know English? (I’m learning Russian anyway, but I’m still a beginner.)
Olympics - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
1) Probably in a couple of years. They don't even have venues yet, in many cases not even detailed designs, so can't apportion tickets yet. 2) Figure on $3000 plus in 2010 dollars. There are few direct routes, you'll be taking three or four segments. 3) No idea, but given the lack of space, it will be high. Figure several hundred per day for what would be considered a 2 star hotel n the US. 4) Probably similar, although interest will be much lower in Sochi than Vancouver, plus a much lower average income for locals, which could lower the cost. 5) Sochi is working on that. Right now, very few people in the city speak English. They are working to teach locals the language, and all events will have SOME English speaking people, but don't be surprised if you have a hard time in town.

Popular Posts