Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How do you know when it might be time to transfer?


How do you know when it might be time to transfer?
Okay, I am a freshman in college right now, and I will be honest, I am somewhat disappointed. I don't know if this place is for me, but sometimes I feel pretty good about going here. It is a small liberal arts school in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia. I love Philly, and I like that I'm still in the area near my family, but I wonder if the atmosphere is right for me. I can't tell if I should transfer or not. I do and I don't. But I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have or had a similar situation at one time?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Hey bro, well think of it this way. It is only your freshman year. I am a freshman at Syracuse University and at first I really didn't like it. After a few months I was still considering to transfer because a lot of people here weren't that friendly, and the academics weren't as strong as others. Yet, I found a great group of friends, good people, and I also discovered I can try to get into a great program at the school, so I decided to stay. But the thing is, maybe you aren't used to the school yet, take some time. I mean if you really want to transfer after 2008 is over, then maybe you can apply to a different school or just go into the schools that you got into before. And maybe liberal arts isn't for you too. Just figure out what you wanna do for your life. Who knows, maybe you will get great friends and you will start loving the place.

Popular Posts