Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When should I leave for Philly from Scranton?


When should I leave for Philly from Scranton?
I'm going to be a senior in high school, and I'm visiting Villanova University on July 24th. The Information Session starts at 10:00 a.m. and I live in Scranton, Pennsylvania. According to Google Maps, it should take about 2 hours to get there, but I was wonder if anyone with experience in Philadelphia has any suggestions on what time I should leave? I don't want to leave at 8 am and get stuck in traffic. Thank you!!
Philadelphia - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I'd leave around 7:15. There are currently numerous construction zones weekdays on the Northeast Extension of the Turnpike between Wilkes-Barre and Quakertown. There is also construction on the Blue Route (I-476) between I-76 and I-276. This should give you plenty of time, time to find a place to park, and not have to run into your session.


2
Definitely don't cut it too close. I agree, leave closer to 7 than to 8, even though Villanova is north of the city and you'll bail out of the highway before you get into the really heavy commuter traffic. You can always relax at one of the many coffee shops along Route 30 if you're early.

Popular Posts