Monday, April 18, 2011

University of Pennsylvania?


University of Pennsylvania?
I plan on applying there next year when I'm a senior in high school. I'm taking alot of ap classes and so far my unweighted average is a 97.1. I haven't taken the SAT's yey but I will this january and june. I'm interested in pursuing a career in nursing or accounting/finance. Could you tell me anything about the campus itself etc that would persuade me to want to go there even more?! I'm from long island so is it a long drive from nyc to philadelphia? I'd like to visit the campus over the summer
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I taught finance there for three years. It is a great environment. Since it is the top undergraduate school in the country for finance and one of the best nursing schools in the world, it would be an excellent choice for you. Penn is just west of Center City (Downtown) and near the 30th street train station. It isn't a long ride from New York at all -- only a 90 minute train ride from Penn Station in NYC. Since it is an urban campus, it isn't as pretty as schools like Duke, Princeton or Dartmouth. But it isn't bad, given that it is in a big city (nicer than Columbia or NYU). The area west of the capus is a little rough -- so you need to be careful. But, again, it is certainly no worse than a school like Columbia. Philadelphia is a great college town -- with schools like Penn, Drexel, Villanova, St Joes, Temple, Swarthmore, Haverford, Bryn Mawr and La Salle in the area. The city has lots of culture and plenty of great restaurants. I loved teaching there -- and would have loved to have been a student there. To get in, you will need to learn that "a lot" is two words.

Popular Posts