Monday, April 4, 2011

Claiming Residency..Please HELP? Can I claim PA residency for School purposes?


Claiming Residency..Please HELP? Can I claim PA residency for School purposes?
I have lived in Pennsylvania from the age of 5 to the age of 23. I lived in Philadelphia for 5 years as an undergraduate. I moved to North Carolina to work, and have lived here for the past 18months. I am currently moving back to Pennsylvania to live permanently and continue my education in Philadelphia. Do I need to reestablish PA residency by living there for 12months in order to be considered for in-state tuition or can I obtain in state tuition as soon as I move back? Anybody know?
Financial Aid - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
This is a decision up to the registrars office at the school. You should be ok. Make sure you have a PA drivers license and if you can get a job in PA so that you pay stubs will reflect income tax being paid to PA. Make sure you have a lease as well. Even if you're at a friends or parent's house, type up a lease and apply a dollar figure to it. Also have your cell phone bill sent to the PA address ASAP. The cell phone company then has to pay PA FCC and communications tax on your behalf. Obtain a PA voter's registration's card. All of these thing will make your case stronger. You shouldn't have a problem though because you graduated from PA schools in the past and have lived there for so long.

Popular Posts